Just heard about Blogging and now want to make money with it?
Definitely, you can.
Now you may ask that there are thousands of guides on how to start a blog but why should I read yours?
Believe me, this guide is different. In this guide I have written practical guide on how to start a blog so that you don’t do the mistakes that I did.
Follow this step-by-step guide on how to make money with Blogging and quit your 9 to 5 job.
When I started Blogging I thought it is very difficult to make money blogging but after working some months and gaining some knowledge of blogging I was able to make my first dollar from Blogging.
It was the best decision of my life and today I feel so proud of me that I started blogging.
If you are confused yet on starting a blog, then answer this 5 questions.
If your answer to these questions is a BIG YES, then believe me you are going to set fire in blogging. The only things you need is patience, a good mentor and a little investment.
But before starting your first money-making blog, you need a mindset because “Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.”
Before starting a blog you must remember that it will take time, hard-work & investment.
Now you’re ready to start your first money-making blog. Below are the steps for how you can start a blog and make money in just 6 steps.
1. Choose A Niche
A niche is the main topic of your blog around which you will write in future.
Choosing the correct niche is the most important and time-taking process.
Many newbies make mistake while choosing a niche and later they don’t have anything to do other than regret.
Before choosing a niche, ask yourself these question.
- Can I write 50+ blog posts in the next 3 months?
- Am I really passionate or knowledgeable in this niche?
- Can I provide the contents which the readers actually need?
- Can I write in this niche even I don’t earn a single penny in the first 6 months?
- Can I provide the different and best content in my niche?
Answer these questions and if your answers to these questions are YESS, then that niche is best for you.
Now you know how to confirm a niche. So, let’s see how you can find a low competitive niche if you don’t have it in your mind.
- Head over to Flippa.com and sign up.
- Now go to Blog> Content> Websites> Browse.
- Now you will see many websites that are performing well and making a handsome amount of money.
- Browse some websites and you will find many niches that are profitable.
- Find a niche that you are willing to work.
After a niche finding your 70% work is done but if you are unable to do niche selection yet then here is 81+ profitable niche list for you.
List of 81+ profitable niche
- Mental Health
- Traditional Medicine
- Nutrition & Supplements
- Freelance Business
- Automotive DIY Upholstery
- Frugal Living
- Herbal Remedies
- Confidence Boosting
- Music Lessons Education
- Video Game Reviews
- App Reviews
- Hand Lettering
- Tech Gadget Reviews
- Learning a Language
- Relationship Advice
- Photoshop Tutorials
- Trading Stocks
- Virtual Reality
- Web Development
- Vegan Cooking
- Travel Photography
- Building Websites
- Audio Production
- Men’s Lifestyle
- Video Editing
- Eco Living
- Public Speaking
- Golf Tutorials
- Software Development
- Productivity Tips
- Life Hacks
- Learning New Skills
- Astronomy & Space
- Personal Style
- Family Life
- Video Game Strategies
- Marathon Running
- Hiking Trails
- Copywriting Tips
- Home Cooking
- Self-defense Training
- Asian Food Recipes
- Car Repairs
- Interior Design
- Restaurant Reviews
- Scuba Diving
- Keto Diets
- Home Exercise Workouts
- Wedding Planning
- Personal Development
- DIY Home Projects
- Web Design
- Healthy Food Recipes
- Holistic Healing
- Art & Culture
- Organic Food Recipes
- Dating Advice
- Business Consulting
- Sustainable Living
- Book Reviews
- College Planning
I hope now you found your money-making niche. So now let’s see another steps towards starting a blog.
2. Buy A Brandable Domain Name
I know you don’t know about domain but don’t worry, that’s not a hard task.
In simple words, domain name is the address of your website or blog. For example, my domain name is bloggingblunders.com. This is the address where people will visit your website.
Buying a domain name is not a tough task as you think.
Its very easy task and you can easily do it by utilising a piece of your mind.
You can find your dream domain by using this formula that I personally use -:
verb + niche or niche + verb
This is an amazing trick to find a brandable domain name.
You can also take help of these sites to find a brandable domain name –
With these sites you can easily find a good domain name for your blog.
Points to remember before registering a domain –
- Keep domain name short – It is always preferred that domain name should be short because it is easy to remember a short domain name.
- Don’t use a number – Never use numbers in your domain name because it affects the brandability of the domain.
- Use TLD domains – It is proved that top level domains rank higher compared to the low level domains. I recommend you to buy .com extension because it ranks over the globe.
There are many domain registrars from where you can buy a domain name but I highly recommend you to buy domain name from Namecheap because it is the best domain registrar.
I have tried and registered domains from many registrars but found Namecheap the best.
3. Buy A Fast & Reliable Hosting
This is the most important step towards making a successful and money making blog but unfortunately most of the newbies make mistake while choosing a hosting.
Being honest, I also did mistake while choosing hosting when I was starting my blogging journey.
The speed of my website was awful but I ignored it as I was not aware of importance of website speed.
The speed of site plays a vast role in user experience and SEO.
According to Amazon, they would lose $1.6 Billion if it slows down by just 1 second.
You can get the idea, how important website speed is. Website speed can make or break your website.
No one like a slow website, 53% of mobile site visitors quit the website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
That is why, it becomes more important to buy a hosting that is reliable and blazing fast.
I always suggest Greengeeks to my visitors and I must admit that it’s the most underrated hosting company ever.
It’s one of the best hosting company at a very affordable price.
I have tried 10+ hosting companies and found Greengeeks the best among all. The best thing about Greengeeks is that it is an eco-friendly hosting company with ultra-fast SSD servers.
Want to see some proofs? Here it is…
The best thing about Greengeeks is it is superfast and their pricing is suitable for everyone’s pocket.
What I like about Greengeeks –
Greengeeks is a hosting that I personally like and I can guarantee you that you will never regret your decision of buying it.
Follow these steps to buy Greengeeks hosting –
- Click here to visit Greengeeks.
- Now click on “Get started now” and you will be redirected to the pricing page.
- Now select the plan which is best for you. I suggest you go with PRO plan if you have multiple websites otherwise you can also choose lite plan in which you can host 1 website.
- Now click on get started and you will be redirected to domain selection page. Now fill the domain name you want to buy in the “Create a new domain name” section.
- Now click on “next”.
- Now you will see a form and you have to fill up that form.
- After filling the form, scroll down and fill your payment details and tick the two untick boxes and click on “complete order”.
- Now your order is completed. Now you can access your product from dashboard.
- Login to Greengeeks account and you will see your hosting there.
Now it’s almost done. You just have to install WordPress and start writing your first post. Let’s see how you can do it.
4. Install & Setup WordPress
- Go to your Greengeeks dashboard and it will look like this.
- Now select “start new website”.
- Then click on “WordPress” as well as this is the best CMS platform.
- Now choose any theme you like. You can always change it.
- Now just select the plugins and fill the information and click on “next”.
- Done! Now you can access your WordPress dashboard from xyz.com/wp-admin and fill the username and password you entered while installing WordPress.
Now it’s time to install the theme and some plugins which will make your site look professional.
Theme plays very important role in the SEO of the website. From my experience I have listed the best 3 fast WordPress theme and they are –
All of them have both free and paid version. If you just want to try the theme then you can go with the free version and later you can upgrade it.
I personally use Generatepress pro in this website and I love this theme. Generatepress is blazing fast and SEO optimized WordPress theme.
Here are the steps to install Generatepress them from your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to themes> Appearance and click on “Add new”.
- Now search “Generatepress” in the search bar and install it.
- Now click on activate and the theme will be activated.
- Now you can customize the site as per your requirements from Appearance> Customize.
Now you need to install some necessary plugins which will help you to do work easily.
Some must-use WordPress plugins
1. Akismet anti-spam – This is an amazing plugin which will prevent your WordPress website from spam.
2. Elementor – It is a page builder which will help you to design your website like a pro.
3. Rank Math SEO – In the beginning, it is not easy to do ON page SEO of the site without any extra tool. Rank math helps you to do On page SEO effortlessly.
4. Social snap – This plugin will let your users to share your website post with a click which will help you to attract more traffic.
5. Easy table of contents – This plugin will help you to automatically add TOC in your content to increase the readability.
Now, your work is almost done. Now you just have to publish your first post to professionally start a blog that makes money.
5. Publish Your First Post
New bloggers make a lot of mistake while writing a post. They want to write perfect but I want to give you a valuable tip that will help throughout your blogging career.
“Don’t try to write perfect blog post, try to write better than the last post.“
This was the mistake I did during the initial stage of blogging.
I used to write a single blog post for 4-5 days and I was not consistent which hampered my blogging career.
Rather you should try to be consistent and provide an article according to your your audience need rather increasing your blog post length.
Now, let’s see how you can publish your first post in WordPress.
1. Go to your WordPress dashboard and click on Add new under all posts section.
2. Now give a title to your blog post and write the content.
3. After writing the post, add meta description, featured image and the publish the post.
Now it’s done. Congrats! You have successfully written your first blog post.
6. How To Make Money With Blog
There are many options to monetize your blog but here I have shared some of the best options which make most money.
1. Affiliate Marketing – It is the best option to make passive income from your blog without having traffic in millions. This is the method which is used by almost all pro bloggers.
2. Ad Network – It is the best and most famous option for beginners. However, you will need more quantity of traffic to earn from Ad network.
3. Selling Ebooks – This option is also very profitable if you have a quality traffic who trusts you. You can earn a good amount by selling ebooks and many bloggers use it.
4. Selling services – It’s one of the hottest monetization option if you have a ill that people need.
5. Selling Merchandise – Although it’s not the best option for bloggers but it is a good option to have a side revenue.
In A Nutshell
In this article we shared from how to start a blog to how to earn money from blog.
I hope you liked it. You can freely comment below if you have any doubt, I will try my best to solve your query.
Thanks for reading the article. Please share it if it helped you.